Topics

New email delivery option #suggestion

Danny K5CG <k5cg@...>

I have a small group of members in a group that want to receive email messages for new topics in real time but not the subsequent replies for a group that is set to reply to group.
Setting the group to reply to the original sender instead of the group would upset the majority of the rest of the users who like all replies.

Can we have a new Email Delivery type for this? "New Topics only" ??

Thanks for looking.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:02 PM Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg=hamoperator.org@groups.io> wrote:
I have a small group of members in a group that want to receive email messages for new topics in real time but not the subsequent replies for a group that is set to reply to group.
Setting the group to reply to the original sender instead of the group would upset the majority of the rest of the users who like all replies.

This already exists, under Advanced Preferences in a member's subscription page. Look for Following Only > First Message Also.

Mark

Danny K5CG <k5cg@...>

Yes we found this solution after I posted this request. I couldn't delete my request because it was in moderation.

Sorry for the noise.

There is an option for this already, but there is no email command to set your subscription to, first message only. People would have to sign into the website, go to your groups page, go to subscriptions, click advanced options, and check the box and switch the radio buttons under advanced options. There's no way to do this via email commands yet.