Topics

Need different nomenclature of the transfer queue

Bruce Bowman

We have people in GMF who are confusing "Step 3" in the transfer queue status (where it is counting down your group's position in the queue) with "Step 3" of the transfer instructions (where you are waiting for the transfer agent to accept your invitation).

Both of them involve lengthy delays where people have to be patient. It would be helpful to those of us trying to mitigate the anxiety of all this if progress through the queue was discussed in terms of "stages" instead of "steps."

Thanks,
Bruce

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 9:07 PM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
We have people in GMF who are confusing "Step 3" in the transfer queue status (where it is counting down your group's position in the queue) with "Step 3" of the transfer instructions (where you are waiting for the transfer agent to accept your invitation).

Both of them involve lengthy delays where people have to be patient. It would be helpful to those of us trying to mitigate the anxiety of all this if progress through the queue was discussed in terms of "stages" instead of "steps."

Good idea. I've made the change.

Judy F.

Thank you Bruce, I am one of those that misunderstood what the step 3 meant.  I also thought we only had two more steps to go before we were transferred.  I also learned that only the owner or I guess
the person that set up the transfer could see the status.  That's kind of confusing also.

I am the owner of the SewWhatEmbroiderySoftware group and the moderator of the SewItsForSale group.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Scott Chase

Hi Mark,
Also, not providing any status results from the Stage 1&2 download, and then only providing the current wording for your Stage 3, seemed a bit vague & uncertain to me -- at least until I started reading support clarifying questions and reassuring replies here. The queue seems to move slow, and I just wanted to make absolutely sure a transfer would complete before the Dec 14th deadline, and that it wasn't dependent on my position in the "queue", which isn't moving very fast at this point.

To help clarify/summarize the current state of the transfer, especially for new customers here, could you please enhance the wording for Stage 3 to something like this?...

Your group has been successfully downloaded from Yahoo and that file is now safely stored on our server. Your group is now awaiting import into Groups.io. There are about N groups ahead of it in the Groups.io import queue.

Thanks,
Scott