Topics

locked Moderation For Integrations?

Integrating RSS feeds would be a handy feature for my group, but only if I could pick and choose which posts actually made it onto the list. Would moderation for them (and other integrations) be possible?

Hmm, I had never thought of that before. Certainly it's doable. I can think of at least two ways to do it:

1) When you set up the integration, specify that those messages should be moderated
2) Adding an option to hashtags so that you can specify that emails with a given hashtag should be moderated

At first thought, I'm leaning towards #2, because that opens up other possibilities with moderation. Thoughts?

What happens when someone replies to one of these moderated integration messages? Should that message be moderated as well?

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:17 AM, <whofanvidme@...> wrote:

Integrating RSS feeds would be a handy feature for my group, but only if I could pick and choose which posts actually made it onto the list. Would moderation for them (and other integrations) be possible?

> What happens when someone replies to one of these moderated integration
> messages? Should that message be moderated as well?

I don't see why replies would need to be moderated.

I was really just thinking that there are a lot of external feeds, updates,
and photos which, while they may periodically contain a posting that's
relevant to a group's topic, could also include daily postings of the
owner's lunch as well. And that, to avoid a lot of confusion and hunger, it
might be best to be able to filter these out before they managed to reach
the list. Ideally, you would have the option to simply tick a MODERATE THIS
FEED box as you add each one, with an option to edit the setting later.

One thing I did consider post-post was the idea of creating a sub-group
specifically for feeds. But I'll admit I'm discussing all of this in the
dark. I haven't created any sub-groups yet and haven't added any
integrations either. It's just that, if a service offers a feature, I like
to find a way to make use of it. I hate that so many of the Yahoo! Groups I
belong to are seen by their owners as little more than a mailing list when
they can be so much more. I should just pull the trigger and play around
with my options.

I'm afraid I'll soon become your worst nightmare, Mark. In answering this
post, I've just thought of three more related questions to ask.

Hail Hydra! B)

I think you're right, adding a moderation checkbox is the easiest and most straightforward way to achieve what you want. I'll put it on the list.

Worst nightmare? No way. Ask away!

Mark