Topics

moderated Missing reminders #bug

Don Pottenger

I created an event on our calendar to be every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00am to 10:10am. After creating the event the decision was made to add a reminder to this event. (This was at least 2 days before the first day the event was to take place. I added a reminder for 18 hours before the event. Here is the event reminder detail.

The reminder was never sent. Neither for the first occurrence, this past Tuesday, nor the one for today.
My group is VillasofAda.

[Mod note: Added a subject]

Don Pottenger

It's worse than I thought. A repeating event that has been on the calendar since January is also not putting out reminders. This reminder was for one day before the event. It never happened. At this point I suspect none of our reminders are working.

Since we have cancelled almost all meetings with reminders since the COVID shutdown, this was not evident until our first meetings again this week. This problem could have been lurking for 2-3 months since we cancelled several repeating meetings that had reminders set from Mid-March until now.

Don Pottenger,
VillasOfAda group owner

Don Pottenger

Is there a list kept somewhere where the current bugs and suggestions are prioritized so we can see where our issues stand on a priority list? Is anyone else seeing the missing reminders bug besides me? I consider this a rather serious problem for our group. I would hope it would not be that hard to fix.

Thanks for your consideration.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 8:54 AM Don Pottenger <dhpottenger@...> wrote:
Is there a list kept somewhere where the current bugs and suggestions are prioritized so we can see where our issues stand on a priority list? Is anyone else seeing the missing reminders bug besides me? I consider this a rather serious problem for our group. I would hope it would not be that hard to fix.

You can look at the #bug tag on beta, specifically the topics with #bug but without #fixed.

In terms of the reminders, it is, unfortunately, difficult to fix, requiring re-writing a chunk of the calendar code. I have been investigating it. I want to finish up the already-in-progress notification stuff first, and then I will address it.

You can delete your existing repeating event and completely recreate it. That will generate the correct reminders. The problem occurs when editing existing events/reminders.

Mark,

You can look at the #bug tag on beta, specifically the topics with #bug but without #fixed.

Unfortunately, the boolean search #bug AND NOT #fixed doesn't seem to work. That would have been slick.

I'm not sure if that's a bug, or if I'm misunderstanding how the booleans work. I hadn't really tried them before.
Shal

Don Pottenger

Turns out that the bug is not only not being able to add a reminder to an existing event but also you can't remove a reminder from an event either. Looks like the only way to workaround any desired change in either adding or deleting a reminder is to delete the whole event and create it again with or without the reminder.

This is very unfortunate as all aspects of the event - description, contact person info, etc. need to be reentered when you recreate the "new"/old event.