Topics

moderated Messages to Group Owner (Group Email Addresses) Do Not Show group name in the subject line #suggestion

SP4149

I own/moderate 20 lists on groups.io.  Lately I have been getting messages to the "Group Owner" from members asking for assistance.
The problem is that the Subject line doesn't indicate which group home page (aka the group name) sent the message.
I now realize that the group name is displayed in the "To Address" however none of my mail browsers display the 'To Address'

Regular messages display the Group Name on the Subject line, why not messages to the Group Owner?

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 03:37 PM, SP4149 wrote:
I own/moderate 20 lists on groups.io.  Lately I have been getting messages to the "Group Owner" from members asking for assistance.
The problem is that the Subject line doesn't indicate which group home page (aka the group name) sent the message.
FYI 'Regular' messages sent out to group members contain the group subject-tag defined in your group settings rather than the group name itself

I now realize that the group name is displayed in the "To Address" however none of my mail browsers display the 'To Address'
That's probably due to a setting in whatever you use to read your emails then. You'd need to check the options for that.

Regular messages display the Group Name on the Subject line, why not messages to the Group Owner?

It has never really bothered me that the group subject-tag is not on messages to the owner account and It does help separate them from the regular stuff as it is. If it changed though I wouldn't complain.

Andy

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 07:37 AM, SP4149 wrote:

Regular messages display the Group Name on the Subject line, why not messages to the Group Owner?
This is fixed.