moderated Messages sent via email being delayed #misc

I sent a message to my group via email and it has not shown up 20 minutes later. I tried some subsequent test messages via email and they are not showing up, either, although the delay is not (yet) as long yet. They're just not coming through.

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 8:05 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I sent a message to my group via email and it has not shown up 20 minutes later. I tried some subsequent test messages via email and they are not showing up, either, although the delay is not (yet) as long yet. They're just not coming through.

At 6pm Pacific Time, I pushed a change to our email pipeline. And then I went out to a lovely dinner with my wife. What I didn't know is that the change was causing repeated crashes, delaying all incoming email. I was not notified of this, unfortunately. I've fixed the crash and email is flowing again. I still need to figure out why I wasn't paged.

No email was lost. Just delayed.

Sorry, and thanks.
Mark

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 08:12 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I still need to figure out why I wasn't paged.
That's easy! Because you didn't give me your pager. :p
Hope you had a nice dinner!

Actually, at least one message was lost. It was one that would have required approval, and the pending notice never came through email, nor did the message show up in pending, nor does the sending of it appear in the group activity log. In this message's case, it was no great loss. But just letting you know, in case it matters.

It just came in, one minute ago. :-) It was the only one missing.