moderated Message to Attendees Gets Blocked #bug

Charlie Behnken

We use the RSVP feature of the calendar and were using the Action feature "Email All Attending".  Over the past few months this feature has been failing.  It started with only one or two organizers having problems but recently seems to be affecting every organizer and has become so unreliable that I am telling people not to use it.

I haven't tried today, but in the past I was able to send messages that the attendees received, but the other Owner failed, so it is not just permissions.  I can not see any pattern in the email host of the sender or the recipient.

Messages that are sent from New Topic, Calendar Invites, and Replies to Attendees all go through.  Just email to attendees fails, which makes me suspect an error in how that message is sent.

I use gmail and see the following in my Recent Bounces -
gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com: 550 5.7.1 [66.175.222.108 12] Our system has detected that this message is likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, this message has been blocked. Please visit https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError for more information. h13si714500ild.132 - gsmtp

Thanks for looking into this,
Charlie

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 05:00 AM, Charlie Behnken wrote:
We use the RSVP feature of the calendar and were using the Action feature "Email All Attending".  Over the past few months this feature has been failing.  It started with only one or two organizers having problems but recently seems to be affecting every organizer and has become so unreliable that I am telling people not to use it.
I've just sent a message to 98 attendees on an RSVP event and I can't see any indication of failure. Everyone member I've checked the email delivery history for has a successful 'Post To Member' delivery.

Regards
Andy

Duane

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 11:00 PM, Charlie Behnken wrote:
Just email to attendees fails, which makes me suspect an error in how that message is sent.
It could also be the content of the message you're sending.  If it looks/sounds spammy, that could trigger a filter.

Duane

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 9:00 PM Charlie Behnken <charles.behnken@...> wrote:
We use the RSVP feature of the calendar and were using the Action feature "Email All Attending".  Over the past few months this feature has been failing.  It started with only one or two organizers having problems but recently seems to be affecting every organizer and has become so unreliable that I am telling people not to use it.

I haven't tried today, but in the past I was able to send messages that the attendees received, but the other Owner failed, so it is not just permissions.  I can not see any pattern in the email host of the sender or the recipient.

Can you send me off-list the text of one of these messages?

Charlie Behnken

I sent this but not sure you got it, so I will post it here.  Nothing that the public can't see.  I only found one person who got it and they use cmpmail.

Charlie

Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 8:55 PM
From: "
To: "
Subject: [HunterdonHikingClub] Trail Maintenance at Musconetcong Gorge

THE TRAIL MAINTENANCE ON THE MUSCONETCONG IS ON!!!

HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU BY 10 AM IN THE MORNING!!

RON GOOD

_._,_._,_

Please use REPLY, not REPLY ALL, when responding to an email so responses only go to sender,
or optionally click on REPLY TO SENDER link at the bottom of the email.

Groups.io Links:

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 03:54 PM, Charlie Behnken wrote:
I sent this but not sure you got it, so I will post it here.  Nothing that the public can't see.  I only found one person who got it and they use cmpmail.

the fact that it is all in CAPS can trigger spam filters.

Andy

Charlie Behnken

Interesting but others are not all caps. That was the most recent

Charlie