moderated Merging multiple messages into one topic #suggestion

I've been fully through the Owners Manual on this, and the multi-directional thread on "merge" but don't see the answer. Though I do see others who appear to have asked about it.
In the Owners Manual, the Merge process is described - I've done it. But, to me, it appears to be backwards. You have to start with the message/topic you want to merge with a parent message/topic. That means, if there are five, or fifty messages that you'd like to merge/meld into one topic - you have to go through the Merge process (go back to Step 2-7) from each individual message, individually bringing each one, separately, into the parent topic.

I propose that you go to the 'home' or what will become the ultimate Topic and begin the merge. Then start the merge from it. Then navigate to the 'outlying' message and merge it with/into the home message/topic. Then you're at the starting point for the next merge.

The ultimate would be to start a mass merge at the 'home message' and go to each outlying message, tap them to merge, the continue on to the next outlier until you've got them all assembled into a single topic/message/thread.

I’m confused by the request referring to “messages” or “individual messages” because you can only merge topics. When you say “message,” are you referring to a topic with a single messsge?

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 08:23 AM, Dan Tucker wrote:
I propose that you go to the 'home' or what will become the ultimate Topic and begin the merge.
You can, in effect, do this from the topics-test page for your group.  This is an undocumented page, so use with extreme care!  Most, if not all, functions are NOT reversible.

Duane