Topics

moderated members column for date of last post #suggestion

I know there's limited screen real estate, but it could be helpful to have a column in the members list for the date of their last post. You could then order the list by that and see who's been posting recently.

As a matter of fact, I don't have much use for the "joined" (date joined) column, and would love to see "posted" (last post date) take its place.

Michael Pavan

No, keep ‘date joined’, do both.

It’s handy checking who is subscribed, particularly when they say they are but not getting messages and aren’t reliable about saying what their email address is, but have an idea when they joined.

I’d never thought of sorting by when someone posted, but it seems like it could be useful too.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 03:13 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:
It’s handy checking who is subscribed, particularly when they say they are but not getting messages and aren’t reliable about saying what their email address is
I don't understand the utility of this. Everybody knows what their email address is, or at least knows what the possibilities are for which email address they subscribed under. I have never had to check the date someone subscribed, or had occasion to make use of that date in any way, shape, or form. But perhaps I'm alone.

I'm just thinking that if there is limited space, spend it on something more useful - at from my point of view. If there's room to include both, then include both.

Toby Kraft

I'm not sure Mark has a database field for members of their most recent post date.
But whatever fields are available could be shown using the database table viewer that lets you show/hide the columns.
Toby

magicalkingdomgroups@gmail.com

I have had to check the date someone subscribed numerous times.

When a tagger in my group tells me that a member isn't following their rules for signature tags I go and look and see - well she is a new member so give her some slack OR she has been a member for 2 years and she should know better.

There have been other instances too when their date of joining would be useful.

From: J_Catlady
Date: 12/3/2018 6:02:22 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] members column for date of last post #suggestion

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 03:13 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:
It’s handy checking who is subscribed, particularly when they say they are but not getting messages and aren’t reliable about saying what their email address is
I don't understand the utility of this. Everybody knows what their email address is, or at least knows what the possibilities are for which email address they subscribed under. I have never had to check the date someone subscribed, or had occasion to make use of that date in any way, shape, or form. But perhaps I'm alone.

I'm just thinking that if there is limited space, spend it on something more useful - at from my point of view. If there's room to include both, then include both.

Michael Pavan

Everybody knows what their email address is,
I wish this was true

I take back the request to substitute the "posted" date for the "joined" date and I now agree with Michael - we need the "joined" date if for no other reason than to be able to see the members list in order of most recently joined first. I don't care about the date they joied, but I do care about seeing the newest members at the top.

So I hereby revert to my previous request to simply add the "posted" field if possible, not subsitute it for "joined".

magicalkingdomgroups@gmail.com

Can't you check the posted dates from the message list?
Then individually see all messages made by this member

From: J_Catlady
Date: 12/3/2018 8:23:08 PM

I take back the request to substitute the "posted" date for the "joined" date and I now agree with Michael - we need the "joined" date if for no other reason than to be able to see the members list in order of most recently joined first. I don't care about the date they joied, but I do care about seeing the newest members at the top.

So I hereby revert to my previous request to simply add the "posted" field if possible, not subsitute it for "joined".

Yes but I would like to see the member list in order of most recent posters.

On Dec 3, 2018, at 6:35 PM, "magicalkingdomgroups@..." <magicalkingdomgroups@...> wrote:

Can't you check the posted dates from the message list?
Then individually see all messages made by this member

I take back the request to substitute the "posted" date for the "joined" date and I now agree with Michael - we need the "joined" date if for no other reason than to be able to see the members list in order of most recently joined first. I don't care about the date they joied, but I do care about seeing the newest members at the top.

So I hereby revert to my previous request to simply add the "posted" field if possible, not subsitute it for "joined".

Jim Higgins

Received from J_Catlady at 12/4/2018 12:02 AM UTC:

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 03:13 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:
It's handy checking who is subscribed, particularly when they say they are but not getting messages and aren't reliable about saying what their email address is
I don't understand the utility of this. Everybody knows what their email address is...

No, they don't. If that were the case we wouldn't have seen so much chatter not so long ago about inability of subscribers to log in... because the wrong email address was used... including Group Owners who couldn't see their groups because they logged in (or couldn't log in) due to using the wrong email address.

Jim H

Cacky B

Please keep 'date joined'.  I find it very useful for locating specific people, but couldn't care less when they posted.
Cacky

magicalkingdomgroups@gmail.com

You can check the messages to see the most recent posts.

I take back the request to substitute the "posted" date for the "joined" date and I now agree with Michael - we need the "joined" date if for no other reason than to be able to see the members list in order of most recently joined first. I don't care about the date they joied, but I do care about seeing the newest members at the top.

So I hereby revert to my previous request to simply add the "posted" field if possible, not subsitute it for "joined".

I agree with the prevailing opinion and I don’t think there’s any question of removing date joined. It was a bad idea and I’m sorry I ever brought it up. I would still like to have date posted added if possible.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 07:21 AM, magicalkingdomgroups@... wrote:
You can check the messages to see the most recent posts.
I am aware of that. That's not the issue.

magicalkingdomgroups@gmail.com

If it can be done that way - why do we need to have it listed on the membership list?

What is the issue?

From: J_Catlady
Date: 12/4/2018 9:37:22 AM

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 07:21 AM, magicalkingdomgroups@... wrote:
You can check the messages to see the most recent posts.
I am aware of that. That's not the issue.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 07:53 AM, magicalkingdomgroups@... wrote:
If it can be done that way
Because the utility of that is very limited. What you will see in the message list might be, for example, 20 posts by one or two members during the last couple of days, then a couple of pages of posts of a couple of other members, etc. In my group you would have to scroll through pages and pages to see all of the members who have posted recently, and in what order.

In other words: What I want to see is if and when my group members have been active without having to scroll through dozens of pages of messages (and keep track of what I find) and without having to go through every member's activity log.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 7:55 AM J_Catlady via Groups.Io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 07:53 AM, magicalkingdomgroups@... wrote:
If it can be done that way
Because the utility of that is very limited. What you will see in the message list might be, for example, 20 posts by one or two members during the last couple of days, then a couple of pages of posts of a couple of other members, etc. In my group you would have to scroll through pages and pages to see all of the members who have posted recently, and in what order.

In yet other words: I want to see the most recent posters. Not the most recent posts.

magicalkingdomgroups@gmail.com

Yes but the most recent posters would be at the top of the list
It tells you who posted

From: J_Catlady
Date: 12/4/2018 10:33:58 AM

In yet other words: I want to see the most recent posters. Not the most recent posts.