Topics

Member Directory Search fails if member name is an email address #bug

Terry Slattery

The member directory search function fails to find a match when the member name in the directory is an email address and the person doing the search is not a moderator. It failed for both partial match and full match. Searching with a partial name as a moderator works.

Login as moderator, searching for 'tcs' returned two hits: 'Terry Slattery' and 'tcs1026@...'.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 7:48 AM Terry Slattery <tcs@...> wrote:
The member directory search function fails to find a match when the member name in the directory is an email address and the person doing the search is not a moderator. It failed for both partial match and full match. Searching with a partial name as a moderator works.

Yes, this is by design as a privacy measure. I'm happy to revisit if people think this should be changed.

Ken Schweizer

I believe this is a GOOD design feature.

Just my opinion.

Ken

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." God