Member colour not always set when added to a subgroup #bug

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

when I Direct Add a member to a subgroup using Admin > Direct Add in the subgroup itself, the member colour from the main group is propagated as expected.

However, when I have a multiple members to add to a subgroup, the quickest way to do this is to take the list of email address and Direct Add them to the main group while also checking the box to have them also added to the subgroup.  In this case, an error message is generated for the main group (as they already exist) but they are added to the subgroup without the colour being propagated from the main group.  See my 7Ws subgroup as an example.

I have a script that I can modify to set the correct colours in the subgroup but wanted to flag this first.

Regards
Andy

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 6:23 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

when I Direct Add a member to a subgroup using Admin > Direct Add in the subgroup itself, the member colour from the main group is propagated as expected.

However, when I have a multiple members to add to a subgroup, the quickest way to do this is to take the list of email address and Direct Add them to the main group while also checking the box to have them also added to the subgroup.  In this case, an error message is generated for the main group (as they already exist) but they are added to the subgroup without the colour being propagated from the main group.  See my 7Ws subgroup as an example.

This should be fixed now.