Topics

moderated Marking members with Advanced Preferences for email delivery #suggestion #membership #email

Frances

The list of members in Membership, Admin doesn't give me full information. Under Delivery, it shows Single for those who receive every post by email as well as those who receive only first posts in a thread plus following. They have the same status - Single.

It would be useful if there was a flag - even an asterisk or AP - for members who have chosen Advanced Preferences.

Frances

Frances,

It would be useful if there was a flag - even an asterisk or AP - for
members who have chosen Advanced Preferences.
I like this idea.

Perhaps some badges (akin to those used in the email column) to indicate Advanced Preferences. For example:

(none) - All Messages (the default)
F - Following Only
FF - Following Only w/ First Message Also
R - Auto Follow Replies
A - Max. Attachment Size limit (any selection except Unlimited)

Shal

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:27 PM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Frances,

 > It would be useful if there was a flag - even an asterisk or AP - for
 > members who have chosen Advanced Preferences.

I like this idea.

Perhaps some badges (akin to those used in the email column) to indicate
Advanced Preferences. For example:

(none) - All Messages (the default)
F - Following Only
FF - Following Only w/ First Message Also
R - Auto Follow Replies
A - Max. Attachment Size limit (any selection except Unlimited)

Done!

Mark

As a result of these statuses being shown in my groups list, I noticed that I was "R" in beta without being "F." That was a result of having previously been "F R" and then going back to receiving all messages (i.e., unchecking "following only" but forgetting to uncheck "autofollow replies").

I think that "R" should be a subcategory of "F" or "FF". I don't think it makes sense to allow it to exist on its own, because if you're receiving all messages anyway, then you're auto-following replies.