moderated Manually following a topic with attachments sends out invalid attachments in the catch-up emails #bug

Hi Mark,

I just manually followed a topic which had attachments on some of the messages.  When I got the catch-up emails, while the attachments were included and correctly named, the files themselves were not the actual files but some pointer/reference/object name/no clue gibberish characters value (can be viewed in Windows Notepad).  The "attachments" range in size from 24 bytes for PDFs to around 200 bytes for the JPEGs and other types.  They seem to contain the same starting string to a certain point, then it varies. A second test of this on the same group with a different topic with attachments behaved the same way.

I can attach samples if needed from those gibberish attachments sent out, from both topics, renamed to .TXT to ensure they don't cause any extension-related issues to anyone.  Or email off-list.

The attachments save correctly if someone is viewing the topic online and does a RightClick-SaveAs on one of the message's linked attachments.

Cheers,
Christos

On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 1:25 PM Christos Psarras <christos@...> wrote:

I just manually followed a topic which had attachments on some of the messages.  When I got the catch-up emails, while the attachments were included and correctly named, the files themselves were not the actual files but some pointer/reference/object name/no clue gibberish characters value (can be viewed in Windows Notepad).  The "attachments" range in size from 24 bytes for PDFs to around 200 bytes for the JPEGs and other types.  They seem to contain the same starting string to a certain point, then it varies. A second test of this on the same group with a different topic with attachments behaved the same way.

This has been fixed.

Hi Mark,

It works now but I did discover another problem while testing it, separate report submitted.

Cheers,
Christos