Topics

moderated Make the In Process drop-down look different when not empty

Mark,

On the Yahoo Group Easy transfer instructions page, the In Process drop-list control looks the same whether the list is empty or not:

Screenshot
        of the In Process drop-list

This is a minor issue when trying to assist people with transfers, as they send us a screen-shot but we can't tell if they clicked the list and there was nothing there, or if in fact there's at least one group in the list but they've failed or been unable to open the control.

So it would be helpful if the control, or some text nearby, could indicate whether or not there are any groups in the list.

Now that I think of it, text under (or near) the control that says either "You have no transfers in process" or "You have n transfers in process or completed" would be ideal.

Shal

Hi Shal,

I changed 'In Process' to 'Existing Transfers' and added your suggested help text under it.

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 1:54 PM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Mark,

On the Yahoo Group Easy transfer instructions page, the In Process drop-list control looks the same whether the list is empty or not:

This is a minor issue when trying to assist people with transfers, as they send us a screen-shot but we can't tell if they clicked the list and there was nothing there, or if in fact there's at least one group in the list but they've failed or been unable to open the control.

So it would be helpful if the control, or some text nearby, could indicate whether or not there are any groups in the list.

Now that I think of it, text under (or near) the control that says either "You have no transfers in process" or "You have n transfers in process or completed" would be ideal.

Shal

Thanks Mark!

Nit: Step 4

After you have made the transfer@groups.io member a moderator, return here, select your Existing transfer, ...

Shal

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 1:21 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi Shal,

I changed 'In Process' to 'Existing Transfers' and added your suggested help text under it.

Mark Fletcher

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 1:56 PM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Thanks Mark!

Nit: Step 4