moderated Make it clearer, when messages needs approval, if user is manually moderated #suggestion

Samuel Murrayy

Hello

I've noticed that there is no way to see whether a message is held for moderation due to it being from a new member or due to it being from a member who is currently moderated.  For messages from "new user" moderated people, we generally just check if the message is spam or a scam, and if it isn't, the moderator approves it.  But I would like my moderators to look more closely at a message if that message is sent from someone who is currently being moderated (i.e. manually moderated, not "new user" moderated).

I've also noticed that it's unclear in other cases when messages need approval as to WHY they need approval.  I would suggest that the reason be stated clearly at the top of the message that is sent to the moderator, and that the reason is also stated on both approval screens on the web.

Samuel

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 01:55 PM, Samuel Murrayy wrote:
I've also noticed that it's unclear in other cases when messages need approval as to WHY they need approval.  I would suggest that the reason be stated clearly at the top of the message
The reason for moderation is stated in the activity log. There may be a case for putting the reason in the email sent to Mod also but the detail is recorded if yo look for it.

Regards
Andy

Samuel Murrayy

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 03:38 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 01:55 PM, Samuel Murrayy wrote:
I've also noticed that it's unclear in other cases when messages need approval as to WHY they need approval.  I would suggest that the reason be stated clearly at the top of the message
The reason for moderation is stated in the activity log. There may be a case for putting the reason in the email sent to Mod also but the detail is recorded if yo look for it.

The activity log is web-based, and there is no direct link to it, so you'd have to either bookmark it or navigate to it each time.  But I suspect my moderators approve via e-mail, mostly.  I currently don't approve via e-mail but only because I take a more active role in group management.  I'm sure that if I were a moderator only, I might do just that: moderate via e-mail.

Samuel