moderated mail.ru DMARC - other domains #misc

Hi Mark,

Please add mail.ru's other domains to the list to munge because of DMARC:
inbox.ru
list.ru
bk.ru
internet.ru

Thank you,

Lena

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 11:05 AM Lena <Lena@...> wrote:

Please add mail.ru's other domains to the list to munge because of DMARC:
inbox.ru
list.ru
bk.ru
internet.ru

Currently with mail.ru, we're rewriting the From line for all messages sent TO mail.ru accounts. This is more encompassing than normal DMARC re-writes, where we rewrite the From line of messages sent FROM mail.ru accounts to other people. I've added these domains so that they behave the same as mail.ru. Please let me know if that's not what you intended (those domains have DMARC p=reject records so we should be re-writing the From line for messages sent FROM those domains already).

One of the items on my TODO list is to write up a proposal that Groups.io starts re-writing the From lines for all messages, to everyone, all the time. And at the same time, we would implement a mail forwarding system so that replies to messages with munged From lines get forwarded to the sender correctly. I believe making those changes would increase our overall deliverability, and also allow me to catch/fix some of the bad email client behavior that J and others have seen. I'd be curious to hear how you'd feel about such a change (again, not even a proposal at this stage).

Hi Mark,

Currently with mail.ru, we're rewriting the From line for all messages
sent TO mail.ru accounts. This is more encompassing than normal DMARC
re-writes, where we rewrite the From line of messages sent FROM mail.ru
accounts to other people. I've added these domains so that they behave the
same as mail.ru.
Thank you.

One of the items on my TODO list is to write up a proposal that Groups.io
starts re-writing the From lines for all messages, to everyone, all the
time. And at the same time, we would implement a mail forwarding system so
that replies to messages with munged From lines get forwarded to the sender
correctly. I believe making those changes would increase our overall
deliverability, and also allow me to catch/fix some of the bad email client
behavior that J and others have seen. I'd be curious to hear how you'd feel
about such a change (again, not even a proposal at this stage).
Very bad. Please don't do this (except stupid mail.ru and 4 its other domains).

--
Lena