Topics

moderated Locked topic option on polls no longer works #bug

"Forever" whenever I create a poll, I "lock" the poll under the topic option, to make sure that members do not REPLY to the poll post.  That has always worked.  I don't know when it stopped working, but today I created a new poll, I "locked" the poll per normal, but just had an (idiot) member REPLY to the new poll post rather than enter his vote.

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 05:25 AM, Steve wrote:
but today I created a new poll, I "locked" the poll per normal, but just had an (idiot) member REPLY to the new poll post rather than enter his vote.
I have just tested this in one of my subgroups and it works fine for me. I locked the topic and then responded to the poll via email from my 'member' account. A message was generated in the activity log saying:

Member <member details> attempted to send a message to locked topic <poll subject> via email

An email delivery report was also returned to my member account saying the message could not be delivered:

The response from the remote server was:

500 This topic has been locked by the moderators and can no longer be posted to.

On this basis I would say there's no bug and Groups.io is working as designed.

However, the response text from Groups.io is misleading in the case of polls as they can only be correctly responded to online and you can still vote online when the poll topic is locked. Perhaps email replies to polls should always be rejected with an appropriate message?

Regards,
Andy