moderated List last two (rather just one) emails in member email delivery history, esp for pending members #suggestion

I think this came up awhile back and perhaps was even on the TBD list at some point: It can be frustrating not to know whether a pending subscription message has been sent to/received by a pending member, when all you see in the email delivery history is the email delivery history is the confirmation message because the history is limited to one message. I think there are some cases where the confirmation message is sent first, and some where it’s sent second (or, of course, not at all, if they already have a groups.Io account and applied via email). And when I see only the confirmation message listed, I don’t know whether, and at what point, to do a resend of the pending message - did they already receive it, and is waiting therefore appropriate (and “make a mental note to resend” etc)? Or should it be done right away? We have a three-day time limit after applying to return the questionnaire.

It would be extremely elucidating and helpful if the last two messages, not just the last one, could be recorded in the history.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 02:42 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
It would be extremely elucidating and helpful if the last two messages, not just the last one, could be recorded in the history.
I know it can be dangerous, but I've always assumed that if there's no bounce notice, both confirmation (if needed) and pending messages were delivered about the same time.  I resend the pending message every morning.

Duane

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 04:20 AM, Duane wrote:
I've always assumed that if there's no bounce notice, both confirmation (if needed) and pending messages were delivered about the same time.
I think there used to be a higher incidence, but I still have at least occasional cases where there's no bounce record and the person hasn't received the pending message. (Granted it sometimes goes into spam.) This always takes detective work. Having both sends recorded would eliminate, or at least mitigate, what is still a big headache. And I'm not sure about resending every day. That might be annoying to some members.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 06:46 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Having both sends recorded
Should read "having both deliveries recorded"