Topics

locked "Like" for the email-centric (was First Impressions of Groups.io)

David,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:36 AM, David P. Dillard <jwne@...> wrote:

Two things about search that need attention on Groups IO

The search icon on Groups IO does not work, one must hit enter for a search to work.

I was not aware this was an accessibility issue. I've changed it so that the search icon is clickable. Please let me know if this fixes the problem, and I'll make the change to all the other search boxes on the site.

One should be able to search for a group on the main Groups IO page and not have to find a link to a page where this can be done.

Good point. I will add that to the todo list.

Laurence Taylor

On 12 Jan 2015 07:24, Feathered Leader wrote:

So in response to the "Please don't make this like Facebook"
comments, my comment is if there is such a thing as an endless
scroll, please please, make it optional.
Seconded. Infinite scrolling is a complete, total, utter pain in the
what-have-you. I want a page to load when I ask it to (which might not
be when I start reading it),I don't want to ahve to wait for it every
time I scroll down, I want to reach the bottom.

--
rgds
LAurence