Topics

locked Jump to the beginning/end

I thought I might try reading the last day's messages in this group in expanded view, and just page down while reading them.

The default for expanded view is newest message on top, which doesn't lend itself to this.  No problem, I'll just click the sort button.

That puts me all the way back to page 1, months ago.  And only a few pages are displayed at a time, so I have to click on the rightmost page number, then again, and again, and again, until I finally get to today's messages.  That's not going to be much fun 5 years from now.

So my suggestion is, how about "First Page" "<<" and "Last Page" ">>" buttons on either side, that jump to the beginning or end.  I could have done that, and then backed up a couple of pages to find all of today's messages.

You might also default to most recent page, no matter what the sort order is, but even then, First/Last would sometimes be useful.

Thanks,
JohnF

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 5:55 PM, JohnF via GROUPS.IO <user+1242@groups.io> wrote:

So my suggestion is, how about "First Page" "<<" and "Last Page" ">>" buttons on either side, that jump to the beginning or end.  I could have done that, and then backed up a couple of pages to find all of today's messages..

Good suggestion. I've added it to the list.

Nightowl >8#

Just curious, in Yahoo if you flipped the order of dates from one way or another, it flipped the current list on the page you were on and flipped the rest without taking you back to message 1 or message 600.

Is that something that's doable? If not, I can cope, just wondered.

Brenda

On 1/13/2015 11:59 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Feathered Leader <featheredleader@...> wrote:
Just curious, in Yahoo if you flipped the order of dates from one way or another, it flipped the current list on the page you were on and flipped the rest without taking you back to message 1 or message 600.

Is that something that's doable? If not, I can cope, just wondered.

Everything is possible in the exciting world of computers! :-)

I've added it to the list.

Mr. Fletcher (Mark if I may),

I've always felt that "everything is possible in the exciting world of computers!"  Some can take time and there are usually several ways to get the same end result.  As I've gotten older (I'm now 62) it's beginning to take longer, even as computers are endowed with greater capabilities, but I love the challenge of doing it.  I've been "computing" for over 35 years and have the utmost respect for your abilities.  Sometimes I see something new and it still boggles my mind.  Especially when I try to think how it could have been accomplished BC (Before Computers), if at all.

Many Thanks,

Duane

Nightowl >8#

Thank you!!!!!