moderated Internal color handling #update

Hi All,

I have changed how we handle colors internally. This will not affect the majority of you. Where it will be seen is in the API and in any exported JSON files (when you export a group or a database table).

Previously, color names in the API and through exported JSON files started with either tag_ or column_color_. Now all color names just start with color_.

If you have a JSON database table export that you wish to re-import at some point, simply doing a search/replace on the color names will ensure that the proper colors are imported.

I will also be posting this to the API group.

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- Default color for a new database column has somehow become blue. I'd prefer this be reverted to white.

Thanks,
Bruce

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 3:19 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Mark -- Default color for a new database column has somehow become blue. I'd prefer this be reverted to white.

This has been fixed. I've also cleaned up and updated the UI for viewing rows and adding rows, as part of an ongoing larger effort to add custom data to member subscriptions.

There's something funny with the colors. When you hover on one in preparation for choosing it, the color itself disappears, and a second or two later the *name* of the color appears below the box, which has become white. I found this weird. It seems more intuitive if you could just click on the color without the color going away and the box turning white. What makes it weirder is that the name doesn't appear simultaneously, but after a little delay. So at first it seems like you can't choose the color.