Topics

Infinite Scroll on Databases #databases #scrolling

Maria McGrath

Hi,
Is there any plan to have infinite scroll in databases ?  At the moment it only shows 20 rows at a time?

Thank you,

Duane

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 06:09 PM, Maria McGrath wrote:
Is there any plan to have infinite scroll in databases ?  At the moment it only shows 20 rows at a time?
Actually, you can set your Items Per Page in your account to anything other than infinite scroll (20, 50, 100) and it shows that number.  I'm not sure why I.S. has never worked in databases.

Duane

Maria McGrath

Thank you,
I had change dit in preferences but the Database does not work and only shows 20 rows at a time.
Will this be on the to do list ?
Maria

Maria McGrath

It now works on Databases - THANK YOU

Maria McGrath

hi again,

so it works for me BUT it will not work for the members that has tested it.

They changed the items to view to 100 BUT still only see 20 on the database.

Does it have anything to do with me being-the owner etc ?

Duane

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 05:46 PM, Maria McGrath wrote:
They changed the items to view to 100 BUT still only see 20 on the database.

Does it have anything to do with me being-the owner etc ?
No, but they do need to scroll down and click Update Preferences or it won't change.

Duane

Nancy Funk

I just tried this and it won't work for me either.

Duane

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 10:30 PM, Nancy Funk wrote:
I just tried this and it won't work for me either.
I just checked using one of my user level accounts and it works for 20, 50, and 100.  Are you sure that you're saving it when you change to another choice?

Duane

Jim Wilson

I have Infinite Scroll on both my admin and test user accounts and I get the same thing. We have an a large database with more than 4K entries and it is very annoying. It is also very annoying that I can't jump to a specific line number!

Another problem with Infinite Scroll for people using a UHD 3840 x 2160 monitors and Chrome with a  a window larger than 1920x1080, Infinite Scroll just stops after 40 or so entries and will not replenish until you make the Chrome window  size smaller and refresh the page. It's a really weird bug. Point being, there may be other bugs I have not yet encountered.

br
Jim

Maria McGrath

Hi Duane,

Yes I updated preferences but ti still stays at only 20.  I asked a few members to try it ans its the same thing, it stays at 20 but I can scroll to 100 or infinite.
Maria

Nancy Funk

I can set it for 20, 50, or 100 but not Infinite Scroll. And, yes, I hit the Update Button.

Duane

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 07:05 PM, Nancy Funk wrote:
I can set it for 20, 50, or 100 but not Infinite Scroll.
Correct.  If you look back at the beginning of this topic, that was covered, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/23473

Duane