From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nick Dunmur
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2022 10:15 AM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: [beta] Increased incidence of Groups.io mail being flagged as spam #misc

Dear all,

Has anyone else noticed this? A couple of groups I run have reported all their group mail being flagged as spam and my own personal Groups.io subscriptions are being treated the same way.

Any thoughts welcomed.

kind regards

 Nick

Steve Hayes

On 12 Aug 2022 at 10:31, Capelle, Michael C. wrote:

Yes, I have a lot of members on my groups, who use gmail, and all of the
messages are going into spam folder.
I've found a lot of my regular messages to gmail addresses go to spam, and
people say they've never seen them because they don't even know how to find
their spam folder.

Gmail is probably one of the biggest source3s of spam on the internet, but is
over protective about their users receiving it. Bit I doubt that it's
anything g that groups.io can do anything about, so not much point in
discussing it in the beta forum.

--
Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@..., but if you use gmail, hayesstw@...

Andy I

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 11:26 AM, Nick Dunmur wrote:
Dear all,

Has anyone else noticed this? A couple of groups I run have reported all their group mail being flagged as spam and my own personal Groups.io subscriptions are being treated the same way.

Giving you another data point:  No.

I have not seen a recent increase in Groups.io messages being flagged as Spam.  I just checked my Spam folder (label), and nothing there came from a Groups.io group.  But lots of other junk was there.

Not everyone's spam detection works the same, both because Google rolls out changes in phases, and because our actions affect our own spam filters.

Andy