moderated idea in the admin/subgroups #suggestion

iowagold2020

idea in the admin/subgroups add in a field next to name for date joined.
that way we can sort by date joined in the sub groups.
that way for the larger groups we can edit fast to join all sub groups.
stay safe out there!
Paul in Iowa

Duane

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 10:36 AM, iowagold2020 wrote:
idea in the admin/subgroups add in a field next to name for date joined.
You should be able to do this with the new "Extra Member Data" fields, but you'll have to have a paid group to use it.

Duane

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 04:36 PM, iowagold2020 wrote:
idea in the admin/subgroups add in a field next to name for date joined.
Have you read the recent update and previous discussions on this?

Regards
Andy

Andy I

I don't know if this works with subgroups, but you have always been able to sort your list of members by the date they joined.  In Admin > Members, click "Joined".  Click again to reverse the sort order.

Andy

I don't know if this works with subgroups, but you have always been able to sort your list of members by the date they joined.  In Admin > Members, click "Joined".  Click again to reverse the sort order.

Wait, there is no more Joined, it got outsourced and Applied took its place:

When did that change?? This doesn't look right to me.

Is this the reason Paul is asking for the Joined field, or Paul, are you actually referring to adding the Joined column in the Admin->Subgroups screen where one can add main members to subgroups?

Cheers,
Christos

Andy I

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 02:40 PM, Christos Psarras wrote:
I don't know if this works with subgroups, but you have always been able to sort your list of members by the date they joined.  In Admin > Members, click "Joined".  Click again to reverse the sort order.

Wait, there is no more Joined, it got outsourced and Applied took its place:

It is still Joined, for me.

Maybe it depends on what your group's rules are?

When did that change?? This doesn't look right to me.

I don't know, but I just got kicked off of groups.io - while writing a message - and most of what I was writing was lost!  Not pleased.  Being forcibly logged out has not happened to me before.

Andy

Malcolm Austen

On Sun, 07 Aug 2022 20:07:30 +0100, Andy I <AI.egrps+io@...> wrote:

It is still Joined, for me. Maybe it depends on what your group's rules are?

To me, it appears to be 'Applied' in main groups and 'Joined' in subgroups.

Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen - email: malcolm.austen@...

On 2022-08-07 15:07, Andy I via groups.io wrote:
It is still Joined, for me.

Well it's weird, I see Applied in all my groups, and there's no group setting that would cause this AFAIK.

How about other folks, what do you see?

Cheers,
Christos

On 2022-08-07 15:49, Malcolm Austen via groups.io wrote:
To me, it appears to be 'Applied' in main groups and 'Joined' in subgroups.

You're right Malcolm, I didn't look at subgroups initially but I did now and it's the same in my case.

Should be Joined for both, right?

Cheers,
Christos

Though it’s “Applied” for a main group (which makes sense since the group may be restricted - in fact I think I may have been the one to ask for that language, because the date they applied is not necessarily the date they literally became a member) it should still say “joined” in subgroups, since you don’t apply to a subgroup once you’re in the main group. You join without applying.

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 12:52 PM, Christos Psarras wrote:
I see Applied in all my groups, and there's no group setting that would cause this AFAIK.
Pretty sure that was changed from "Joined" long ago for all groups, just in case the group is restricted.

Malcolm Austen

On Sun, 07 Aug 2022 21:28:22 +0100, J_Catlady <JanetOliviaCatlady@...> wrote:

Though it’s “Applied” for a main group (which makes sense since the group may be restricted - in fact I think I may have been the one to ask for that language, because the date they applied is not necessarily the date they literally became a member) it should still say “joined” in subgroups, since you don’t apply to a subgroup once you’re in the main group. You join without applying.

I have subgroups where membership requires approval, that's essentially the same as having to apply.

Malcolm.

--

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 03:28 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
you don’t apply to a subgroup once you’re in the main group. You join without applying.
Unless the subgroup is also restricted, such as one set up for board members or something.

Duane

Andy I

If group or subgroup does NOT have "Restricted Membership", then it is Joined.

If group or subgroup HAS "Restricted Membership" checked, then it is Applied.

That choice is under Admin > Settings > Spam Control, and you can toggle it back and forth - which can make it somewhat (but not entirely) meaningless which one you call it.

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the size of the group, nor whether it is a main group or a subgroup.

Andy

That’s one on me. I have always avoided subgroups so I’m not on the latest. Last I heard they couldn’t be restricted. Good to know.