Topics

moderated ID to datatable #bug

Benoît Dumeaux

When I delete a line, the ID don't change

Duane

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 06:49 PM, Benoît Dumeaux wrote:
When I delete a line, the ID don't change
That's the way it works.  The ID numbers never change and are created when a new row is added.  The number is deleted when you delete a row, but they're never used again on that database.

Duane

Jim Wilson

Duane is right. ID goes back to the early days of databases where every row is assigned a unique and permanent number. One benefit is finding duplicates to remove the later entry.
--
Jim

Benoît Dumeaux

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 02:50 PM, Jim Wilson wrote:
One benefit is finding duplicates to remove the later entry.

You have edition update date. Maybe show creation date of the row could be more effective.