HTML formatting being stripped from Calendar Event notices #bug

Yusuf Leo Schuman

A group I maintain (BowlOfSaki@groups.io) is used to post daily messages to group members. The descriptions of these events are HTML formatted. Beginning 5/27, this HTML formatting is being stripped from notices sent to group members, and from Messages visible in the web UI.

I have made no change to any group settings. Is this a deliberate change of system behavior? Or a bug?

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 7:21 AM Yusuf Leo Schuman <lschuman1@...> wrote:
A group I maintain (BowlOfSaki@groups.io) is used to post daily messages to group members. The descriptions of these events are HTML formatted. Beginning 5/27, this HTML formatting is being stripped from notices sent to group members, and from Messages visible in the web UI.

I have made no change to any group settings. Is this a deliberate change of system behavior? Or a bug?

On May 27th, I changed how some system notices, including #cal-notice messages were generated. Previously, they had ignored the group's Normalize HTML Emails setting, but after the change, they were no longer ignoring that setting. Your group has that checked, so you started seeing the result of that.

I've restored the previous behavior, and all new #cal-notice messages sent to your group should have the formatting.

Yusuf Leo Schuman

Thank you, and … formatting was still stripped from a notice sent at 12:00am MDT today June 4, following the change you made …? Am I misunderstanding something?

Yusuf Leo Schuman

I’ve now unset HTML normalization. IIUC, this should restore formatting to calendar notices. Please LMK if I’m wrong, and I’ll report again if formatting remains stripped.