Topics

locked How Do You Pronounce Groups.io?


 

How do you pronounce groups.io?

And is there an official spelling of it in terms of what should be capitalized (GROUPS.IO vs Groups.io)?



 

Heh, I was wondering when someone would ask that. Actually, I don't know. It could be groups eye oh. Or maybe groups eee oh. Or maybe something else. What do you all think?

I think just normal capitalization. I started with the idea that it'd be all caps, GROUPS.IO, but decided that was a bit too ostentatious.

Mark

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM, <whofanvidme@...> wrote:

How do you pronounce groups.io?

And is there an official spelling of it in terms of what should be capitalized (GROUPS.IO vs Groups.io)?




Linda
 

 Hi,

"groups dot eye oh" works for me, spelled Groups.io - unless it's a headline (GROUPS.IO).

Linda 


 

whofanvidme,

How do you pronounce groups.io?
Hmm... I've been saying "Groups dot eye oh", which is sometimes a mouthful. With time (and in context) just "Groups" will work.

On the silly side, we could shorten it to "Grio" rhymes with Rio (de Janeiro).

;-)

-- Shal
Time catches up with us all, Doctor.
"Well it has never laid a glove on me."


 

Mark,

It could be groups eye oh. Or maybe groups eee oh. Or maybe something
else. What do you all think?
Of those I'd choose "groups eye oh" - "groups eee oh" sounds a little too Italiano to me, or too much like like the diminutive "oopsy-oh".

-- Shal


Bruce Pappas <bruce@...>
 

I've been reading it in my head "groups eye oh." That's easy. I'd stick with that.
-Bruce

_______________________________________________
Bruce Colglazier Pappas
Email: bruce@...
Phone: (H) 763-377-9874 - (C) 763-229-7075 - (F) 763-377-8189
Address:  20 Ardmore Dr, Minneapolis, MN 55422-5208  USA
Website:  www.brucepappas.com
Skype: bruce.c.pappas

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 5:45 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:
Mark,

> It could be groups eye oh. Or maybe groups eee oh. Or maybe something
> else. What do you all think?

Of those I'd choose "groups eye oh" - "groups eee oh" sounds a little too Italiano to me, or too much like like the diminutive "oopsy-oh".

-- Shal



-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

Mute This Thread: https://groups.io/mt/3926?uid=158
Change Your Subscription: https://groups.io/org/groupsio/beta/editsub?uid=158
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/org/groupsio/beta/leave
Group Home: https://groups.io/org/groupsio/beta
Contact Group Owner: beta+owner@groups.io
Terms of Service: https://groups.io/static/tos
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-



Laurence Taylor
 

On 18/10/2014 22:45, Shal Farley wrote:

Of those I'd choose "groups eye oh" - "groups eee oh" sounds a little
too Italiano to me, or too much like like the diminutive "oopsy-oh".
I'd go for "groups eye oh" too. I don't pronounce punctuation (where's
Victor Borge when you need him?).

I did look up where the IO domain is, and it's the British Indian Ocean
Territory (Diego Garcia &c). I was beginning to wonder if the server was
somewhere near Jupiter!


--
rgds
LAurence


ro-esp
 

Being used to yahoogroups and googlegroups, I until now assumed it would be called "iogroups" ("io" being the esperanto-word for "something").

Maybe you could find a name that's easier to remember, something catchy..


groetjes, Ronaldo



--
http://www.esperanto.net http://www.moneyasdebt.net


David P. Dillard
 

I am lost on this one, what is the connection between punction and Victor Borge?

By the way, pbulically archived sites on IO will be indexed by Google.


Everyone have a great week.


..


Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@...

On Sun, 19 Oct 2014, Laurence Taylor wrote:

On 18/10/2014 22:45, Shal Farley wrote:

Of those I'd choose "groups eye oh" - "groups eee oh" sounds a little
too Italiano to me, or too much like like the diminutive "oopsy-oh".
I'd go for "groups eye oh" too. I don't pronounce punctuation (where's
Victor Borge when you need him?).

I did look up where the IO domain is, and it's the British Indian Ocean
Territory (Diego Garcia &c). I was beginning to wonder if the server was
somewhere near Jupiter!


--
rgds
LAurence




 

David,

I am lost on this one, what is the connection between punction and
Victor Borge?
Oh, what an impoverished life you've led.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bpIbdZhrzA

-- Shal


David P. Dillard
 

I guess I was unconcious in a bit of a deep comma to have missed this. I have been aware of Borge's exploits in the world of classical music, but this venture escaped me. Thanks for the link. It was a very good period piece without question and should make its mark in the world of grammar exposition and you can quote me on this.




Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@...

On Sun, 19 Oct 2014, Shal Farley wrote:

David,

I am lost on this one, what is the connection between punction and
Victor Borge?
Oh, what an impoverished life you've led.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bpIbdZhrzA

-- Shal





Laurence Taylor
 

On 20/10/2014 02:17, David P. Dillard wrote:


I am lost on this one, what is the connection between punction and Victor
Borge?
See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzZFuMuMKXI .


--
rgds
LAurence