moderated Having some Topics private in a public io group #suggestion

Linda Kilcrease

In a public group, can a topic be made private to members only?  Any consideration for doing so?

Nope to the first, and highly doubtful for the second 
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 8:49 PM Linda Kilcrease <netmouser@...> wrote:
In a public group, can a topic be made private to members only?  Any consideration for doing so?

Unless there's a strong desire on the part of the group to add this, I'd be inclined to not add such a feature, because it could lead to confusion about which messages were public and which messages were private.

Thanks,
Mark 

M K Ramadoss

I agree 

M K Ramadoss 

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022, 6:14 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Unless there's a strong desire on the part of the group to add this, I'd be inclined to not add such a feature, because it could lead to confusion about which messages were public and which messages were private.

Thanks,
Mark 

Donald Hellen

I would think a subgroup would be the answer to that issue, if the subgroup can
be made private but the main group be public. If that's the case, then the
function is already there in a way.

Donald

On Tue, 5 Jul 2022 16:14:27 -0700, "Mark Fletcher" <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Ken Schweizer

I would agree. It would be a redefinition of a "Public" group that would cause confusion among the non-technical members.

Ken

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." God

From: main@beta.groups.io [mailto:main@beta.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Fletcher
Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 6:14 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Having some Topics private in a public io group #suggestion

Thanks,

Mark