moderated groups.io/topics "unmuted" option #suggestion

Peter Cook

Hi, Mark,

I use the groups.io/topics page to keep up on messages. In addition to the "All," "Muted," and "Followed" options, I'd like to see an "All unmuted" selection so I can see everything except the topics I'm not interested in.

Thanks!
Pete

Do you mean “all except muted” or “all non-muted”? That sounds like a good idea. But I think the word “unmuted” sounds like topics you’ve previously muted and then unmuted.

On Jun 16, 2021, at 7:53 AM, Peter Cook <peterscottcook@...> wrote:

Hi, Mark,

I use the groups.io/topics page to keep up on messages. In addition to the "All," "Muted," and "Followed" options, I'd like to see an "All unmuted" selection so I can see everything except the topics I'm not interested in.

Thanks!
Pete

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Peter Cook

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 11:23 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Do you mean “all except muted”
That's exactly what I meant, but I was having a brain fart and couldn't get the words right.

Thanks!
P

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 08:25 AM, Peter Cook wrote:
I was having a brain fart and couldn't get the words right.
In retrospect I think there would be nothing wrong with "unmuted" (similar to "untarnished," "unadulterated," "unmitigated," etc.), except for the fact that there's an "unmute" feature here, so the first thing that came to mind on hearing "unmuted" was that meaning (i.e., undoing a prior mute). 

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu