moderated Group owner, member of Beta, my messages to you are not appearing #misc

I have sent two messages to this group saying that two owners of the K9KidneyDiet group were not getting notifications of memberships and messages needing approval. Neither of my messages to this group have appeared on the message board. I am trying again. I found the answer to my problem and want to let you know other group owners and mods may have the same problem. By coincidence the two owners (one of which is me) both have Earthlink as our email provider. In delving into your changelog I found this:

May 11, 2022:

  • CHANGE: The From name for all group notifications is now Group Notification, removing the email address of the group, which was causing some confusion with email client contacts.
The result of that was that Earthlink began putting all of those messages and more besides (that had groups.io as the domain) into the spam mailbox. My spam catcher is set to moderate, which means nobody has to ask me to approve their sending me email - earthlink decides if something is spam and acts accordingly. In this case, it saw groups.io messages that either said notification or were applications for membership as spam. I have now whitelisted groups.io and hope it works. I don't know if it will or not.

I am telling you this to be helpful. But I want to add that I am very disappointed that despite my years-long membership to the Beta group, I cannot get a message onto your message board to be answered. Your front page is showing me as subscribed, and you are listed as one of my groups. I wish at the very least someone would write back and tell me why I can't get a message through to you. I was dutifully including a hashtag - in this case, bug, because to me it did seem like one. I think a notice to members of all group admins would be very helpful. Thank you - Susan

[Mod Note: I did not approve your previous message because it seemed like a temporary delivery issue and not a bug. I had meant to respond to your message but hadn't gotten to it yet. -Mark]

Mark, Thank you for clearing that up and putting this one through. This issue has been ongoing for two of us for a while. I don't know for sure that my attempt to whitelist groups.io will work but if not, I will call the Earthlink provider and see what can be done. In the past, working with them, I was able to whitelist a domain but after a while, that no longer worked and I was again unable to get mail from them.... in that case, it was rejected outright and never even made it to the spam basket. Unfortunately, those were work emails. Thanks again, and thanks for providing groups.io itself to so many thousands of people.

Donald Hellen

Susan . . .

On Fri, 20 May 2022 16:01:02 -0700, "Susan B" <doggiesmail@...> wrote:

I have sent two messages to this group saying that two owners of the K9KidneyDiet group were not getting notifications of memberships and messages needing approval. Neither of my messages to this group have appeared on the message board. I am trying again.
In case you wanted confirmation of the message NOW posting to the group, it is.
I looked back a little in the posts and didn't see any recent other posts except
the one made about 15 minutes later than the one I quoted from above.

Donald KX8K

Thank you Donald, that was kind of you to check for me. The messages are now appearing and Mark has responded. I think the problem is fixed. We needed to whitelist groups.io with our email provider, Earthlink, due to a change in the name and email address for group notifications. This change can be seen in the changelog under May 11 in case I am not explaining right.