Topics

locked Glitch in Members


Duane
 

<p>I happened to notice a glitch in the Members page on 2 of my groups.&nbsp; One has 4 duplications (50 members shown), the other has 3 (46 members shown) when viewed online.&nbsp; When I download to a csv, the duplicates don't show up.&nbsp; I also noticed that those who are Not Confirmed don't show in the downloaded file.&nbsp; If I sort the online page by user, I see the duplicates.&nbsp; If I sort by email, I don't.&nbsp; However, the number of lines shown is the same.&nbsp; I'm still digging to try to figure out where the differences are and maybe why they occurred.<br></p><p><br></p><p>Duane</p><p><br></p>


Duane
 

I know double posting is a no-no, but felt it would be better to preserve the first one for comparison.

I didn't notice the little box at the lower right when I composed the above message online. I'm used to using Plain Text. Now that I'm aware it's there, I'll try to remember to switch it, unless it will remember my preference from my last post. Even then I'll try to remember to check it before posting.

Duane


Mark Fletcher
 

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
I know double posting is a no-no, but felt it would be better to preserve the first one for comparison.

I didn't notice the little box at the lower right when I composed the above message online.  I'm used to using Plain Text.  Now that I'm aware it's there, I'll try to remember to switch it, unless it will remember my preference from my last post.  Even then I'll try to remember to check it before posting.

No worries. I actually just added that (you can switch the posting box from HTML to plain text, assuming the group supports HTML at all). It does not currently remember your setting, but that's on the todo list. I assume you composed your message and then saw the box and toggled it? It doesn't currently convert whatever you've typed so far into plain text.

Back to the original message. I just checked and could not duplicate your duplication bug. Let me know if there is a specific set of steps needed to duplicate it.

As for downloading members, it is currently restricted to confirmed users. Would you like it to be all users instead?

Thanks,
Mark


Duane
 
Edited

More details. I downloaded the csv files for both groups. I did a line by line comparison for sorting on User and Email. Sorting on Email, all matches up except for the fact that NC members aren't downloaded. I can live with that unless it's a super easy change. Sorting on User, on group1 (50 members shown, 49 with NC) , there were 11 duplicates online (2=NC) and 10 that didn't show up at all online that are in the csv (not counting NC). In group2 (46 shown, 46 with NC), there were 6 duplicates online (1=NC) and 6 that don't show online. In both cases, the duplicates are counted as part of the group membership shown on the group home page.

Duane



 

Duane,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

More details. I downloaded the csv files for both groups. I did a line by line comparison for sorting on User and Email. Sorting on Email, all matches up except for the fact that NC members aren't downloaded. I can live with that unless it's a super easy change. Sorting on User, on group1 (50 members shown, 49 with NC) , there were 11 duplicates online (2=NC) and 10 that didn't show up at all online that are in the csv (not counting NC). In group2 (46 shown, 46 with NC), there were 6 duplicates online (1=NC) and 6 that don't show online. In both cases, the duplicates are counted as part of the group membership shown on the group home page.

This was a tricky one, involving two separate bugs. But I think I've got it sorted out now. Can you check your member list and see if it's been fixed?

Thanks,
Mark 


Duane
 

Both seem to be correct now. I'm not sure if it's temporary as a result of your manipulations or if it will now always be this way, but I like that User is sorted by email address until I get to those with an actual User name.

Gotta watch those little bugs. They just love to multiply.

Many Thanks,
Duane


 

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
Both seem to be correct now.  I'm not sure if it's temporary as a result of your manipulations or if it will now always be this way, but I like that User is sorted by email address until I get to those with an actual User name.

That was actually the main problem. I needed to specify a second sort field, otherwise Postgres would send back duplicates for people without names. I should have done this in the first place, as sorting secondarily by email makes sense.

Thanks,
Mark


Nightowl >8#
 

No kidding...and I hate ALL kinds of bugs.

I knew it was a good idea to ask you to come over here and help out!

Brenda


Duane
 

I noticed that the sorting info says User, but it's really using and sorted by Full Name. So far, the only place that I see my User Name show up is on my profile page.

Duane


 

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:26 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
I noticed that the sorting info says User, but it's really using and sorted by Full Name.  So far, the only place that I see my User Name show up is on my profile page.

I just changed it from User to Name.

Thanks,
Mark