moderated Footer placement

Mark,

So, I ask the group, where do you think it should go?
I like Maria's idea of separating the message-related links from the more system-related ones. With the current set of links I would propose putting the group footer in between "New Topic" and "Change Your Subscription".

I'll also offer the suggestion that it be possible to include a link with the group footer. That way the groups with a very long footer could instead cite the info by link rather than include all of it in every email.

The trick is that one would want the link to work even for email-only members and those who aren't logged in to Groups.io. Since most groups don't have public Wiki or Messages I'm not sure what to suggest. Perhaps yet another type of Member Notice ("Message Info") which, if present, is linked from the message footer.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Anita, Tami,

But like Anita, I would like the option of removing some of the links
at the end of the emails. My group members don't need all those links.
I strongly disagree with this suggestion.

1) I don't like the inconsistent structure it would produce, where as a member of several groups I might have different features in different groups.

2) I do not think it is any group manager's place to limit my use of the features provided by those links.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Maria

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 06:54 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
I strongly disagree with this suggestion.

I second that.

Maria

Maria

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 06:53 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
I like Maria's idea of separating the message-related links from the more system-related ones. With the current set of links I would propose putting the group footer in between "New Topic" and "Change Your Subscription".

I like that idea too ;)

And if there is any way in individual emails in groups that force HTML for the message related links to be placed horizontally as they are in the digest, that would help further in that it wouldn't create a vertically distant separation from the footer.

We do include links in our footers so as to keep them shorter - but they link to pages we've set up on a secondary site that are publicly viewable. That said - as mentioned, even a 2 sentence footer on a small mobile screen can bury the message related links way too much and can end up affecting participation.

Maria