Topics

moderated First Message Also #bug

Malcolm Austen

In the advanced preferences, the text for this tick box is:

"In addition to the topics and hashtags you have selected to follow, the first message of every new thread is also emailed to you."

That seems to be sending mixed messages - topics or threads - should not the word thread be changed to topic?

Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...>

ro-esp

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 05:27 PM, Malcolm Austen wrote:

That seems to be sending mixed messages - topics or threads - should not the
word thread be changed to topic?
No, other way around. It's perfectly possible that over time, there are several threads about the same topic.

groetjes/ĝis, Ronaldo

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 11:38 AM, ro-esp wrote:
 It's perfectly possible that over time, there are several threads about the same topic.
There is no deep meaning or debate to be had here."Topic" is used in groups.io to refer to a string of threaded messages and does not have the dictionary definition of "topic." The decision was made long ago to use the term "topic" instead of "thread" and this was just another instance that was missed. It needs to be changed and Mark will surely do that shortly.