Topics

moderated Filter activity-log display according to moderator permissions #suggestion

The suggestion is that only moderators with the corresponding permissions should see activity log entries. For example, if a moderator does not have invite permission, I don't want them seeing a log entry that another moderator invited someone; if a moderator does not have edit-archive or approve pending messages permission, I don't want them seeing the approval, rejection, or deletion of a pending message by another moderator; the same with approval or rejection of a pending member if they don't have that permission; etc.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

A companion to this would be to display only the moderator notification options that correspond to a moderator's permissions. Currently (as previously discussed and rehashed here), all moderators can pick and choose which notifications they receive, regardless of their permissions. Going along with filtering the activity log according to permissions would be filtering the options displayed for each moderator's notifications. "notify when there's a pending message requiring approval" would be a notification option only if the moderator has message-approval permission, "notify when a member joins or leaves the group" would be an option only if the moderator has member-directory and/or membership approval permission, etc.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu