Topics

moderated Feature request/enhancement -- Enlarge the vertical size of the "Your Groups" pull-down menu #suggestion

Christos G. Psarras

It would be helpful to vertically-enlarge the "Your Groups" pull-down menu to account for screen Y-size and allow for more viewable groups and less scrolling:

Right now it's always the same height (not big enough IMO) regardless of the screen's vertical-size, so there is scrolling that much of it can be avoided if the menu's vertical size/height was bigger.

Thanks and Cheers,
Christos

Samuel Murrayy

On 02 Jan 2020 22:36, Christos G. Psarras wrote:

It would be helpful to vertically-enlarge the "Your Groups" pull-down menu to account for screen Y-size and allow for more viewable groups and less scrolling.
Yes, that bothers me too. But a little-known secret is that you can get to https://groups.io/groups very easily by simply clicking on the "Groups.io" logo in the top left of the screen.

I know it's a bit odd that clicking the web site logo does not take you to the web site's main page (as one would expect), but to a page listing your subscriptions, but fortunately for us, that's the way it is.

(In addition, sorry for maybe hijacking the thread, the groups in the pull-down menu aren't in any logical order, whereas the groups on the Your Groups page are alphabetical, with owned groups at the top.)

Samuel

Samuel Murrayy

On 03 Jan 2020 11:09, Samuel Murray wrote:

Yes, that bothers me too.  But a little-known secret is that you can get to https://groups.io/groups very easily by simply clicking on the "Groups.io" logo in the top left of the screen.
I must eat my words. The logo link is even less intuitive than that. It sometimes take you to whatever page you visted previously, e.g. Feed, Your Groups, Topics, etc.

Samuel

Sandi D

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 05:09 AM, Samuel Murray wrote:
the groups in the pull-down menu aren't in any logical order,
The order they appear for me seems to based on the historical order of my last visits. The most recent one I visited is on the top.

--
Sandi Dickenson
ASG Volunteers Group.

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 08:04 AM, Sandi D wrote:
On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 05:09 AM, Samuel Murray wrote:
the groups in the pull-down menu aren't in any logical order,
The order they appear for me seems to based on the historical order of my last visits. The most recent one I visited is on the top.

--
Sandi Dickenson
ASG Volunteers Group.
No, they are in alphabetical order based on the name the group was created as. The list however displays the wording that the owner has chosen as the group's display name.

--
Gerald