Topics

moderated Facebook integrations not working

 

Hello,

Due to a change in Facebook's API and developer approval process, Facebook integrations are currently not working. I'm working to figure out what additional information I need to provide to Facebook. I'll update this topic when I know more.

Thanks,
Mark

jakkdaw
 

Hi Mark

Is there any chance of this being resolved?

I run a group that is entirely based on discussion of a Facebook page that we don't seem to be able to view otherwise and the group has been on hold since August. I would like to know if there is any chance of a solution or whether to just close down the group. Obviously I would prefer to keep it going if I can.

Thanks

 

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 7:22 AM jakkdaw via Groups.Io <jakkdaw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Is there any chance of this being resolved?

Unfortunately, I don't see the Facebook integration coming back.

Mark 

Bob Bellizzi
 

Mark,
I'm not a Drupal hot shot but our side panel Facebook integration has not stopped working, showing our FB page at
https://www.cornealdystrophyfoundation.org/about
in the right panel of the page.

Possibly, integration of a FB page could be made to work for those of us who have them?

--

Bob Bellizzi

Samuel Murrayy
 

On 03 Jan 2020 23:31, Bob Bellizzi wrote:

I'm not a Drupal hot shot but our side panel Facebook integration has not stopped working, showing our FB page at
https://www.cornealdystrophyfoundation.org/about
in the right panel of the page.
I understood "integration" in the OP's sense to mean that posts to the FB page are automatically sent to the IO group as either a notification or an actual post, and vice versa (e-mails sent to the IO group automatically get posted to the FB group).

Is that what you meant, Jakkdaw (or Mark), or do you mean having a little FB box on the page, like Bob's web site has?

Samuel

jakkdaw
 

I, and I'm assuming also Mark, meant integrations as emails via groups.io of Facebook posts, as set up via "Integrations" in the groups.io group menu.

Duane
 

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 10:40 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't see the Facebook integration coming back.
 
Mark 
In that case, it should be removed from the Integrations menu so that no one attempts to use it (and complains when it doesn't work. ;>)

Duane

 

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 10:14 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

In that case, it should be removed from the Integrations menu so that no one attempts to use it (and complains when it doesn't work. ;>)

Good idea. Done.

Thanks,
Mark