Export Group Data no longer working? (Or very very slow) #misc #fixed

Andy I

I used "Export Group Data" twice today, first one was almost an hour and a half ago.  Still waiting.  Is there a slowdown or stoppage today, or does it often take this long?  It suggests 10 minutes, so 8-10 times as long seems unusual, as if something may be wrong.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy I

FYI -

The notice about one of my Exports arrived, at last.  Only one so far, so perhaps the other one vanished.

My groups.io account does not show a Bounce today.  I should wait a day before making conclusions, but I'm guessing groups.io did not send it.

Andy

Hello,

The export group function should be working again for your group. Your group is on the larger side of things, and is a good stress test for finding areas of the code that can time out. That was what was happening in this case; one of the functions for exporting the group was doing things in an inefficient way and timing out on larger data sets.