moderated Event: Unscheduled downtime #outage - Friday, August 12, 2022 #outage #cal-invite

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Unscheduled downtime #outage

When:
Friday, August 12, 2022
5:42am to 5:54am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

View Event

The connection pooler service for our main database stopped accepting new connections; I don't know why. I had to reboot the machine in order to restart it; once I did so, the site resumed normal operations.

This is the second time in a month that this has happened, after not having any problems for years. I need to investigate a couple of options: one is to move the connection pooler to a different physical host, to see if that makes a difference. Or two, eliminate the need for the connection pooler by more intelligently picking connection parameters for each of our individual services.