Topics

locked Emailed messages Footer

One other thing I noticed - sometimes I get the following, where
the text is grey and there's a link after -

Mute This Thread:https://groups.io/mt/25427?uid=1224
Group Home:https://groups.io/org/groupsio/beta
Contact Group Owner:beta+owner@groups.io
Terms of Service:https://groups.io/static/tos
and sometimes I get just the text as a hyperlink.

Since I have TBird set to honor hyperlinks, in-line images, etc., I'm
not sure where the "conversions" are happening, since I assume that it
is something the software sticks on the message as it is "going out the
door".

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 1:35 PM, CatWoman <diana@...> wrote:
One other thing I noticed - sometimes I get the following, where
the text is grey and there's a link after -

and sometimes I get just the text as a hyperlink.

It's because some emails are plain text only, and other emails are HTML emails. If a group is set to Plain Text Only, then any HTML is stripped out, and you wouldn't see different footers (or any HTML for that matter).

Mark

On 1/19/2015 2:05 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
If a group is set to Plain Text Only, then any HTML is stripped out, and
you wouldn't see different footers (or any HTML for that matter).
I thought that might be it - but I'm getting both from this group - I'm
only subbed to beta.

Your message that I'm replying to came through with the hyperlinks.

Maybe it has to do with posting from the web vs replying to or starting
a subject in email? My own email about this came back to me with the
greyed text and the visible URL.

Except for copying them in that message, I would not be leaving a footer
on a message I send, btw. I strip it off if I'm replying to enough of
the original that I quote all of it - but normally I use TBird's
wonderful (and AFAIK unique) option to highlight a piece of the message
before hitting reply and only having that show up quoted (as above).

dg

dg,

I thought that might be it - but I'm getting both from this group -
I'm only subbed to beta.
This beta group isn't set to Plain Text Only. So each message you receive from this group is in whatever format the sender used. I habitually send messages that are text/plain only, like this one, but many others send messages with formatted text (HTML).

-- Shal

Perhaps a bit off topic, but my Pegasus Mail client asks me if I want to
include the whole message or only the highlighted part in my reply, as I have
done here.

Jim Fisher

--
http://www.jimella.me.uk - my personal web site covering many subjects
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom

On 1/20/2015 12:19 PM, Jim Fisher wrote:
my Pegasus Mail client asks me if I want to
include the whole message
Neat! Glad others are doing it! Saves bandwidth...

dg