moderated Email Delivery - Weekly or monthly options (Daily currently) #suggestion

Mo

Hi,

I tried to search to see if this has been raised before, but I couldn't see it.

Any chance we could have an option of weekly or monthly summaries? Rather just daily.

Cheers
Mo

Not Available

I agree with this, and also very much want the option of a daily digest containing all of that day's messages.  Right now there is the option of a daily summary (containing the subjects but not the message texts), and of a daily digest of up to 12 messages (so if there are 30 messages on a busy day, I get 3 emails when I want ONE email with all 30 messages).  Weekly and monthly summaries sound good too.  Email is an attention sink so it is important to be able to control the frequency of its arrival.  I located this thread by searching whether anyone had already asked for a daily digest, before requesting it myself.

Duane

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 05:55 PM, Not Available wrote:
daily digest of up to 12 messages (so if there are 30 messages on a busy day, I get 3 emails when I want ONE email with all 30 messages
I don't believe that can be done.  At one time the digest was 25 messages, but caused problems, so it was reduced to 12.  This was announced here on the beta group, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/12765

Duane

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 4:13 PM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 05:55 PM, Not Available wrote:
daily digest of up to 12 messages (so if there are 30 messages on a busy day, I get 3 emails when I want ONE email with all 30 messages
I don't believe that can be done.  At one time the digest was 25 messages, but caused problems, so it was reduced to 12.  This was announced here on the beta group, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/12765

The reason I did that was because Gmail (and other large email services), limit the size of email messages that they will display by default. With gmail, for example, if the message is too long (for whatever their definition is of that), they will only show the first part of the email, and then make you click a link to display the full email. A pain, and I wish they wouldn't do that. 12 messages per digest seemed to be a sweet spot to avoid triggering that in most cases.