From: Duane [mailto:txpigeon@...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:55 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] Re: Glitch in Members

[Edited Message Follows]

More details. I downloaded the csv files for both groups. I did a line by line comparison for sorting on User and Email. Sorting on Email, all matches up except for the fact that NC members aren't downloaded. I can live with that unless it's a super easy change. Sorting on User, on group1 (50 members shown, 49 with NC) , there were 11 duplicates online (2=NC) and 10 that didn't show up at all online that are in the csv (not counting NC). In group2 (46 shown, 46 with NC), there were 6 duplicates online (1=NC) and 6 that don't show online. In both cases, the duplicates are counted as part of the group membership shown on the group home page.

Duane

Judy,

I am having a concern with edited messages. I have gotten two in my
inbox (Outlook) and unless I sit here and compare it word for word, I
don’t know what was edited.
What am I missing here?
If you use the "View this message" link in the footer to go to the web,
you can click the "Edited" button to see a list of the revisions. Check
mark two versions then click the Compare Revisions button to see what
changed.

Mark,

Since Compare Revisions is the only action available with the Revisions
list, perhaps having the first and last revisions checked by default
would be handy.

-- Shal

Duane

I did change some numbers and added words/comments. The "more details" referred to the original email when I listed the problem and was in both versions. I may be way off base, but if it were me, I'd ignore/delete the earlier post completely and only use the edited one any time this happens. Only the edited version will appear online. By clicking on the "Edited" icon attached to the upper right of the message online, you will see comments about the edit left by the poster, if any. For small things (typos, misspellings, etc.) I wouldn't even bother editing. This was about a bug in the system, so I wanted to make sure the info I supplied was as accurate and complete as possible to, hopefully, make it a little easier for Mark to track down.

Duane

Judy F.

Thanks Shal, that is really a great feature. I think your suggestion to check the first and last would be a good idea. I checked the edited and couldn't get the comparison to come up.

I like it. Not sure if our groups would ever use it, but it's a great feature.

I can't remember if this a turn on or off feature that the owner/mod can do. That might be helpful in our buying selling group.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

> I am having a concern with edited messages. I have gotten two in my > inbox (Outlook) and unless I sit here and compare it word for word, I > don’t know what was edited.
> What am I missing here?

If you use the "View this message" link in the footer to go to the web, you can click the "Edited" button to see a list of the revisions. Check mark two versions then click the Compare Revisions button to see what changed.

Mark,

Since Compare Revisions is the only action available with the Revisions list, perhaps having the first and last revisions checked by default would be handy.

-- Shal

Judy,

I can't remember if this a turn on or off feature that the owner/mod
can do. That might be helpful in our buying selling group.
Member can edit their own, moderator can edit anyone's, just like delete.

But no option to turn editing off. Mark said he is inclined to wait and see if a control is needed:
https://groups.io/org/groupsio/beta/message/736

-- Shal

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

Since Compare Revisions is the only action available with the Revisions
list, perhaps having the first and last revisions checked by default
would be handy.

Good idea. I've just pushed this change for both message revisions and wiki page revisions.

Judy F.

Shal, I think it should be an option on/off. Our buying and selling group does not allow members to delete their ads for any reason. If they have to revise their ad, they are to resubmit it. With an on/off option, this would help us control those ads not being deleted/edited but a new one submitted.

Since this is only one group, I don't know if others have the same rule as us.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA