Edit Subject #suggestion

billsf9c

Even when I reply online to a group I own, I cannot edit the Subject Line. I am forced back to my email provider to create "a new topic."

Members reply often and change a topic without recreating a post. It's human nature. A post might include 2.or more topics and an aside or 2 that garner life... but are stuck with a deceptive Subject line.

Not very cool for archives or for avoiding opening a post that has veered away from the original intent and is not of interest to some.

Be nice to see this improved by end of year, if feasible & reasonable, given other priorities. Some Members ARE Dutiful. We owners usually ask folks to amend Subject lines. Neither they nor owners can do this within the site...

THX for all -
BillSF9c

Bob Bellizzi

Reply is specifically for replying to an already defined topic.
New Topic is what you should use for a new New Topic.
Far too many people would simply use Reply w/o changing the topic which causes many others to miss important to not read messages that might affect them but had mismatching topic and body.
Use New Topic for a New Topic.
--

Bob Bellizzi
FuchsFriends@groups.io online  support  group for corneal dystrophy patients & caregivers

Duane

I believe everything you want is already available.  You could check https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/working-with-group-messages to make sure.  The problem is getting people to use it.  As Bob said, reply is only for existing topics.

You also have the capability of splitting (including with a new subject line) or merging topics to keep things as you want them.  See https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/managing-group-topics-and-messages for more info.  As an owner, you can easily edit the subject line of any topic.