Topics

moderated Do not delete pending messages after 14 days #suggestion

Hi,

I selected to moderate all new members, so when they post, I get an email, but I received it in the spam folder and did not notice until 2 months after. When I went to approve the messages in the "pending queue", the messages weren't there anymore, as they get deleted in 14 days.

Would it be possible to add an option to never delete pending messages automatically?

Thanks, Ondrej

Linda Perry

Is this the same with pending members?  I find they are disappearing as well. Is there a way to change this?

Linda Perry
Linda@...
www.peachhead.net
Twitter:  Peachhead

Duane

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 09:31 AM, Linda Perry wrote:
Is this the same with pending members?
Yes.  With either, you can go to the web site and Claim them so they won't be automatically deleted.  (To Claim a message, you can choose to Edit it, then select Cancel.)

Duane

Chris Jones

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 04:40 PM, Ondřej Čertík wrote:
Would it be possible to add an option to never delete pending messages automatically?
You probably won't thank me for saying this but the problem is not the automatic deletion after 14 days but the fact that you left your Spam Box unchecked for 2 months.

I would argue that a message is likely to lose its currency after 24 hours, never mind 14 let alone 60 days; on top of that I am slightly surprised that after that amount of time your ISP had not automatically cleared your Spam Box.

If you had just set your group up then I suspect that you never checked the web UI and did not have any other person appointed to moderate messages.

As a matter of principle spam boxes ought to be checked far more frequently than every two months whether or not this is to find any messages from Groups.io. There are ways of setting your email service up so that the risk of Groups.io mails being shunted off is minimised; one common one is to ensure that the address that Groups.io uses to send messages to you is listed in your service provider's contact list.

In asking for a "never delete" option you are IMHO seeking to address an incorrect diagnosis of the problem.

Chris