Topics

locked disallow invitations

ro-esp

2a. Re: Group transfers feedback so far
From: Duane <txpigeon@...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 04:46:34 PST

On a somewhat related item, YG has/had a setting to disallow
invitations. I think this could be useful at times. The invitation
and add functions should be separate options.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is it a setting for possible members to not get invites? Is it asetting for the groups.io to ban moderators from sending invites (like after they've abused the feature)?

groetjes, Ronaldo

Ronaldo,

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is it a setting for possible
members to not get invites?
Yes.

In your Y! Groups Email Preferences page when you Edit the options for your email address there is a checkbox to "Allow group moderators to invite me to their groups" (checked by default). There previously was also one for allowing direct Add, but that went away when direct Add did.

-- Shal