Topics

locked deletions

ro-esp

Just a thought: would it help to have different messages.like "this message was deleted by author" and "message deleted by moderator"?

Are messages numbered? I mean, if there clearly are no messages between 80762 and 80765 in the archive, that would indicate that the messages in between were deleted.

btw I support the year-mm-dd format over the USA custom

groetjes, Ronaldo

Messages are numbered, so it will be clear when one has been deleted.

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 9:56 PM, ro-esp <ro-esp@...> wrote:
Just a thought: would it help to have different messages.like "this message was deleted by author" and "message deleted by moderator"?

Are messages numbered? I mean, if there clearly are no messages between 80762 and 80765 in the archive, that would indicate that the messages in between were deleted.

btw I support the year-mm-dd format over the USA custom

                     groetjes, Ronaldo

Our group would not want members deleting or editing their message messages. It would create havoc in our group because all messages are answered by moderators and if we have to go back to look at a paragraph in a member's message that was written a week ago, and suddenly the paragraph is gone because something changed - and the member didn't tell us, it would pretty much render our ability to answer questions, keep up with a chain of events and ask about changes useless. Would there be a setting owners and moderators can use to turn off that ability for members?

Susan B