Database search function stopped working #bug

Terry Tegnazian

I’ve noticed the past few days, continuing today, that the Search function on the database has stopped working. No matter what I put it (names I know are there) it returns nothing. I use Firefox as my browser, and never had a problem searching before.

I see on Beta an announced update to database search on July 22. Could this be the cause? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,

Terry Tegnazian

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 10:47 PM, Terry Tegnazian wrote:
the Search function on the database has stopped working. No matter what I put it (names I know are there) it returns nothing.
As mentioned on GMF, this still works fine for me.
I use Firefox as my browser,
I am also using Firefox (v103.0)

Regards
Andy

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 05:47 PM, Terry Tegnazian wrote:
No matter what I put it (names I know are there) it returns nothing. I use Firefox as my browser, and never had a problem searching before.
Terry -- To start, please advise regarding the data type of the column you are searching on and how you are populating that data.

If you re-type the data into a cell does the search then work?

Regards,
Bruce

Terry,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 2:47 PM Terry Tegnazian <terrteg@...> wrote:

I’ve noticed the past few days, continuing today, that the Search function on the database has stopped working. No matter what I put it (names I know are there) it returns nothing. I use Firefox as my browser, and never had a problem searching before.

How and when did you populate that database?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 7:57 AM Mark Fletcher via groups.io <markf=corp.groups.io@groups.io> wrote:

How and when did you populate that database?

Nevermind. I found and fixed the problem.

Terry Tegnazian

Thanks, Mark! The search function is working for me now.

Best,

Terry