moderated Database ordering and datetime field #suggestion

Chris Smith

A date time field would be a handy feature for the database for a use case we have: we need to add entries for past events that occurred at a specific date and time, we then need to display the entries ordered from oldest to latest date & time.

Either that, or some way to link the existing date & time fields together for sorting purposes?

It would also be nice to be able to set a field as the default sort order for display purposes.

Chris

Chris Smith

Just wondered if there has been any thoughts on this? Any chance it might happen at some stage?

Thanks
Chris

Jim Wilson

I have wondered why the two are separate here while most flavors of SQL support multiple types.

I support adding a proper DATETIME column without removing the other two so users don't become upset by any changes.

BTW, SQLShack has a nice post on the subject.

--
Jim