Topics

Database bug in time fields #bug

Chris Smith

There seems to be a bug in the database time fields...

If I add a record that has time fields in it, then go back and edit the same record and don't change the time fields, they are saved blank/empty. It seems to have something to do with the "am" / "pm" that is added on automatically by the system - if I edit the "am" / "pm" out then it saves fine, but if they are left in the field is saved blank.

Chris

Chris Smith

I'm bumping this as no-one has responded, I also sent an email into support but got nothing back from that either :(

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If we're doing something wrong then please let me know!

Thanks,
Chris

Duane

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:32 AM, Chris Smith wrote:
I'm bumping this as no-one has responded
No need to do that.  If/when it becomes a priority, it will be looked into.  Allow up to 4 years (!) for action to be taken. ;>)

Duane

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 08:31 AM, Chris Smith wrote:
There seems to be a bug in the database time fields...

If I add a record that has time fields in it, then go back and edit the same record and don't change the time fields, they are saved blank/empty.
Try as I might, I cannot replicate this problem. It could be that your browser is auto-filling these fields. Try turning off autofill and see if it helps. https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001377.htm 

Regards,
Bruce

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:03 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:32 AM, Chris Smith wrote:
I'm bumping this as no-one has responded
No need to do that.  If/when it becomes a priority, it will be looked into.  Allow up to 4 years (!) for action to be taken. ;>)

Hey, I resemble that remark! :-) (and in all seriousness, that lag time isn't something I'm exactly proud of...)

There was a bug. Chris's preference is set to military time display. When viewing/editing a row with a time column, we were ignoring that preference and showing the time in standard format. That caused a problem when someone tried to edit a row, leading to a blank column. It has been fixed.

Thanks,
Mark 

Duane

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:22 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:03 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
Hey, I resemble that remark! :-) (and in all seriousness, that lag time isn't something I'm exactly proud of...)
To be fair to Mark, I don't ever recall a bug taking more than a week or so to be squashed, even the more complicated ones.  In some cases, if we had included more details, it would have been resolved sooner, but there are so many options for each account and group that it's easy to overlook one.  The lag is more for suggested features that are implemented as time allows, based on usefulness.

Duane