Topics

moderated Cox.net

Hi All,

FYI, Cox.net is having issues. For the past two days, they will only accept email from us from around midnight until 5am pacific time. With their connection limits, this is not enough time to deliver all the mail queued up for Cox members.

I don't believe it's a spam issue, the deferral message is 'AUP#CXCNCT', which when you look it up unhelpfully means 'Connection issue'. If I had to guess, I'd say I think they are having scaling issues with their email system. In any case, unfortunately I don't know of anything we can do on our end about it.

Mark

Jim Higgins

Received from Mark Fletcher at 11/13/2018 05:03 PM UTC:

Hi All,

FYI, Cox.net is having issues. For the past two days, they will only accept email from us from around midnight until 5am pacific time. With their connection limits, this is not enough time to deliver all the mail queued up for Cox members.

I don't believe it's a spam issue, the deferral message is 'AUP#CXCNCT', which when you look it up unhelpfully means 'Connection issue'. If I had to guess, I'd say I think they are having scaling issues with their email system. In any case, unfortunately I don't know of anything we can do on our end about it.

Mark,

Is Groups.io subscribed to the Cox FBL?

Jim H

Duane

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 11:03 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
For the past two days, they will only accept email from us from around midnight until 5am pacific time.
I'm not sure it's the same problem, but something similar has been going on for a couple of weeks, https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/27773129.  Messages to cox addresses bounce most of the time, with the same error, but occasionally get through around midnight central time.

Duane

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 11:24 AM Jim Higgins <HigginsJ@...> wrote:

Is Groups.io subscribed to the Cox FBL?

As best I can tell, we are subscribed to it, but have never gotten a complaint through it (they use Synacor, along with several others that we're also subscribed to).

Mark