moderated consider a "Like" to be a "follow" #suggestion

Duane

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 03:59 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
If you're set to following-only, first-message-also in a group and you "Like" a post, I think that should be considered a follow.
FWIW, I don't.  You've already got all those functions, so why 'break' an existing one?

Duane

I should have conditioned this on also being "auto-follow replies." My point is that I always feel psychologically as if I've replied after Liking something, so in my mind I'm expecting to get further updates and always feel left in the dark when I discover that there have been replies and I haven't gotten them.

It's possible I made this suggestion in the past - I have a vague memory of it but nothing happened. I would like to see this hashed out here, and if most agree, would urge Mark to implement it.

If you're set to following-only, first-message-also in a group and you "Like" a post, I think that should be considered a follow. It's not, and in consequence, you can Like a post, assume you're getting further messages from it (because you expressed your opinion about it, and you "did something" to it), but you don't. It is then a surprise when you don't receive any subsequent messages and come back to the site to see that you've actually missed the whole thing.